Crain’s is proud to honor these dedicated heroes for their achievements and outstanding level of care that enriches everyday life.
Awards Luncheon: Tuesday, May 21 • 1:00am-1:30pm
2013 Health Care Heroes Award Recipients
Administrator of the Year
• Nursing: Catherine Koppelman, Chief Nursing Officer; University Hospitals
• Hospital: Cynthia Moore-Hardy, FACHE, President & CEO; Lake Health
• Long-term care: Daniel Storey, Administrator; The Village at Marymount
• Safetynet provider: Lee Elmore, Executive Director; North Coast Health Ministry
Allied Health Category
• Meghann Featherstun MS RD LD, Clinical Dietician Coach; University Hospitals
Advancements in Healthcare Category
• Company: Explorys, Inc.
• Individual: Dr. Goutham Narla, Cancer Geneticist; University Hospitals Accountable Care
Health Care Advocate Category
• Community Outreach: Dr. Scott Sedlacek, Optometrist; The Eye Place
• Organization: MetroHealth System
• Advocacy Impact: Janine Janosky, VP & Head, Center for Community Health Improvement, Austen BioInnovation Institute in Akron
• Mental Health: Gary Mahoney, RN, Psychiatric Registered Nurse; The Visiting Nurse Association of Ohio
• Maternity: Pamela Hetrick, CNM, MSN; Nurse Midwife, Program Director, Centering Pregnancy; University Hospitals
• Lifetime Achievement: Mary DiDonato, Oncology RN; Medical office of Dr. Sandra Hazra
• Orthopedics: Dr. Wael Barsoum, Vice Chair, Dept. of Orthopedic Surgery & Chair, Surgical Operations; Cleveland Clinic
• Research: Dr. Michael Lederman, Principal Investigator, AIDS Clinical Trials Unit; University Hospitals Case Medical Center
• Safteynet provider: Dr. Philip Tomsik, Medical Director; North Coast Health Ministry
• Leadership: Kevin Goodman, Managing Director; BlueBridge Networks
• Palliative care: Bob Juzenas; Hospice of the Western Reserve
• Hospital service: Barbara Ruhlman; University Hospitals
• Noble Davis Consulting Inc.
• Oswald Companies
• Independence Excavating, Inc.
• Geauga County
• Medical Mutual of Ohio